Thursday, January 24, 2013
Thursday, November 22, 2012
11:33 PM Rasika No comments
10 golden rules about Forex
The truth about Forex is that it can be an intense and stressful undertaking that requires a strong control over your emotions. Forex is not a "get rich quick" scheme. Learning to trade Forex takes patience – it will take you time before you master the basics. Those who lack discipline or make decisions that are not carefully thought through will quickly find themselves in a negative investment position. Those who do not adhere to sound investment principles, or who allow emotion to govern their thinking, will quickly find themselves losing a grip on their investments. However, those who follow sound investment principles will reap the benefits of one of the world's most liquid and influential markets.
A 100% return on investment within a couple of days wouldn't surprise anyone, and in fact 1000% wouldn't surprise an experienced trader. Because of this, Forex has become one of the most sought after and talked about investment opportunities. As in any industry, Forex has its own nature and golden rules. Learn Forex, understand the keys to success, and make your investment decisions wisely. This short book will introduce you to the 10 golden rules of Forex trading that every person entering this exciting market should follow in order to become successful.
1. The market is always changing and it may be hard to understand and keep up with these changes unless you invest in a good Forex trading education.
2. There are many beginners who make trades in any direction. While there is a possibility to make profits both on the upside and downside of a trade, trading in the direction of the trend will give you the best chances for success.
3. Make a demo account, and use it to learn and understand Forex trading. While using a demo account you will be able to test your trading strategies and mentally prepare yourself for real trading. However, keep in mind that you should be realistic and treat your demo funds as real money; otherwise, there is no way you can learn from demo trades.
4. While there are a lot of companies who are earning money by selling software which aims to predict future trends, the reality is that if this software really worked, these companies would not be giving the secret away.
5. Trading is stressful work, and there will be a lot of setbacks on your way to the peak. Emotional trading may force you to open a trade too early and eventually lead to a loss due to a wrong entry point. Control your emotions by staying cool and calm, and focus on your long-term goals.
6. Just because the Forex market is online twenty-four hours a day does not mean that you have to trade all that time. If you are doubtful, do not trade at all. Instead, analyze the market and use the knowledge you get to make more profitable trades in the future.
7. Because trading is always full of emotions, you must have a trading strategy which includes a set of rules you stick to, this will help protect you from yourself.
8. Avoid trading strategies which are too complex to understand and which use a lot of different techniques. They can distort your judgment and you will miss a lot of good trading opportunities.
9. Leverage - Forex trading has large potential rewards, but also involves large potential risks. As a novice, don’t risk more than 1–2% of your margin account on any given trade. Over the long run, this will give you a chance to make a profit while reducing the probability of taking a loss.
10. Develop a habit of reviewing and analyzing your good and bad trades. Then, you will have a much better sense of what will work best in your future trades.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
7:40 PM Rasika 16 comments
Why Forex Trading is So Important?
Forex trading has been around for over 30 years but until the rise of the internet it was almost entirely in the hands of banks and other institutions with large investment funds. These days ordinary people can get involved although the financial institutions are still the major players. When I tell you that around US $4 trillion changes hands every day on the currency trading markets you will understand that only a small part of this belongs to ordinary people like you and me.
To get started you will need a high speed internet connection, a good system or the time to learn and develop your own system, and some money to invest.
You do not necessarily need a lot of money. Brokers now offer mini forex trading accounts and even micro Forex trading accounts which you can open with just a couple hundred dollars. However, it is better to have more, even if you do not put it all into the account in the beginning. Forex trading is risky and if you only have a couple hundred dollars, you probably should be doing something safer with it.
But assuming that you have the funds and you have decided that you want to make money with some kind of financial trading, let's take a look at why this could be a better option for you than stock or commodity trading.
1. No commissions and no fees.
If you have experience of the stock market you will know how your profits can be eaten away by brokers, exchange and even government fees. The global nature of the Forex market means that you do not have to pay any of these. Brokers make their money through the spread, which is the difference between the bid and ask prices of a currency. All you have to do is be sure that the price will go your way far enough to cover this.
2. No fixed lot size.
In commodity futures markets, the size of a lot or contract is set by the exchange and you cannot buy or sell less than one lot. But in spot forex trading you can theoretically set your own lot size. Most brokers have their own standard sizes but you can shop around and look for a broker who offers small or fractional lots.
3. A 24 hour market, five days a week.
For the whole of the global business week, the forex market never sleeps. This is great if you need to trade outside of normal business hours. You can work at your day job from 9 to 5 and trade currencies in the evenings. Or you can start whenever you get up in the morning, even if it is 5 a.m.
4. High leverage.
Forex brokers may offer up to 200 times your margin deposit in leverage, although 100 times is more common. This means that you have the chance to make a lot of money from only a small deposited fund. You would only need $100 or even $50 to control $10,000 dollars in a trade. As long as you have good risk management and remember that high leverage also means high risk, this can open up the possibility of a high return on your investment.
5. A massive market with high liquidity.
The forex market is so huge that even the banks, big as they are, each have limited influence. Insider trading is not an issue. And high liquidity means plenty of money in the markets so that you are never stuck unable to close a trade. You can even set software to close your position for you at a certain level of loss or profit.
6. Free tools and information from your broker.
Brokers are in strong competition with each other to attract retail traders so they are offering more and more features. We will look at how to choose your broker in a later section. They will offer you a demo account where you can practice your trading, sharpen your skills and try out or even develop your own system before you start to use real money. They will also provide the charts that you need to identify trends, and give you access to breaking forex news, all for free.
7. Low start up costs.
A good modern computer with a high speed internet connection is all that is needed to begin trading currencies. If you want to use a robot for your trading you can find one for $100 to $200. Plenty of information on trading currencies including advice on systems is available for free online.
8. You are in control.
As a Forex trader you will be in full control of your investment. You can access your account through your broker’s software platform and make the trades in real time yourself.
You also have control over the currencies that you buy and sell. You are not limited to dealing in your own country's currency. This means that if your national economy is in a very unpredictable state you can switch to trading two other currencies that are more stable.
So there are 8 good reasons to choose Forex over other forms of financial trading. Now let’s move on to the basic information that you need to be familiar with so that you can start trading.Happy piping......